Sprecher+Schuh Logic Help

Jayden

Hi all, I am about to upgrade an old Sestep 290 to an Micrologix 1200. All I have as a referance for the old logic is a printout of the original program. I need some help with the following logix :confused:

---[c014]----|CNT|V007|0010 |-----------------------[c018]
.............................|
---[c018]-----------|

I see it as a counter which counts with everytime C041 is turned on and off and 10 secs as the setpoint for the counter. I cant understand which way the C018 bits are working. I was thinking the C018 to the V007 was a reset for the counter. If this is the case then C018 will only be on for one scan, correct? This does not match the rest of the logic associated with it. Can anyone explain this for me ? Sorry but I am very limited to dealing with AB logic. (Ignor the Dots)

long time ago i used sprecher and shuh. c = internal relay or flag. sounds like you are right c014 pulses the counter. I can't remember what the v were , could be registers or simply cnt v007 with a preset of 10.
We use to fool the plc by turning on an internal relay then letting it scan to the end doing nothing then on the next scan it would reset itself and on the third scan it would be clear.

You however will need to sipply more info on the program without the ...........&------------------------

I have scanned a section of the printout(Might make more sense). Rungs 31 to 34 are what i need explained. Or better yet a conversion to RSLogix 500 logic. Thanks again for any help.

img002.jpg

I don't have RsLogix500 on this laptop. But rung 32 starts a timer and when that time expires C14 comes on it will reset itself but only on the next scan so anything below it will be true for c14 which is the counter on rung 33 which will increment by one. on the next scan the timer on rung 32 will reset itself.
After the 6 counts on rung 33 c15 will be on but won't reset itself until the next scan so again everthing below this rung with c15 will be true up until it resets itself.

In other words c14 and c15 come on and stay on until they are scanned again and reset.
This was the way the old 80c31 processor native language was compiled for the sprecher schuh.

In your rs logix a much updated processor you will have to reset the timer and counter some other way or latch in for at least a scan.
I remember the code in sprecher schuh was very dependant on where it was in the program.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. That confirms the way i though it worked. Still seems a strange way of writing it though. It seems the timer will cycle 6 times repatativly until it activates the counter output which will in effect stop the timer. Why not use a 60 sec timer and have no counter??

Thanks for the reply. That confirms the way i though it worked. Still seems a strange way of writing it though. It seems the timer will cycle 6 times repatativly until it activates the counter output which will in effect stop the timer. Why not use a 60 sec timer and have no counter??

You are right a 60sec timer would work. As I don't know what the machine does I don't know if something is done 6 times so it's up to you.
Pity their is no sprecher & shuh conversion to rslogix500.