Vijeo Citect and Modicon M340 PLC

niki vb

Hi all,
I'm working on a projecct that connect's Vijeo Citect to several M340 plcs. To program the plcs I use Unity PRO, the program format is "program.stu" Until now i used OFS server for the communication, I used to export tags to "xxx.XVM" format and connect them to the server. But now i have to expand the connection and connect to more than 25 PLC's. The OFS connection became ustable - loss of comunication from time to time. I was told I have to use Modbus TCP/IP driver with modet 30 protocol. But I have serious problem setting up the communication. So if somebody knows how to do it please share with me.
Regards

Read the help in Citect. Go to driver help (under the help menu item) and search for Modnet. If you then still have a problem, post the exact problem and I'm sure somebody can then help you

I was told I have to use Modbus TCP/IP driver with modet 30 protocol. But I have serious problem setting up the communication. So if somebody knows how to do it please share with me.
Regards

Seriously ? Its hardly rocket science !!

Just run through the communications device wizard, you dont have to really do anything other than that,

Oh and i agree by the way, ditch OFS as soon as you can, MODNET works perfectly and you have some control over how and when it does ceratin things.

I have already red the manual and I'm setting up the comunication step by step using the wizard:

1)Driver-> Schneider-Electric -> M340 -> Modbus TCP/(Ethernet)->
-> set up IP address for port I leave it 0 ant then finish.

The problem is in the tag import. I can use browse only when CSV Driver is selectet, I use MS excel to save tags as .CSV file but there is no result when try to import them.
What should be the tag file format?

2) My second try was to use Modbus TSCP/ speed link, then the driver is Modbus and i try to import directly from the .stu file the result message is 0 tags importet