Can an Ultra 3000 in indexing mode jog in reverse?

scalelar

Customer wants three Ultra 3ks w Slc 500 through a serial interface. I've set the drives up in indexing mode but the customer wants to be able to jog the each axis forward and reverse. Forward is not a problem but how or can you jog in reverse?

Yep, that's the trick. As you've probably already figured out, when you're in Jog mode, the axis will run as long as the "Start Index" input is held on.

Just curious: If you're communicating over the serial port, how are you sending commands? All in the ladder logic or do you have an interface that speaks Ultra3000?

I'm going to three dives through a Quartec 9112 mapping interface.I can send the Start Index through the device but I'm not sure it will hold the signal so I'll probably hardwire the Start Index and Preset Select 0 and 1. Then I'll do my abs moves through Index 0 and jog forward through Index 1 and jog negative through Index 2.

Thanks for the reply!

screen shot

I'm going to three dives through a Quartec 9112 mapping interface.I can send the Start Index through the device but I'm not sure it will hold the signal so I'll probably hardwire the Start Index and Preset Select 0 and 1. Then I'll do my abs moves through Index 0 and jog forward through Index 1 and jog negative through Index 2.

Thanks for the reply!

do you happen to have a screen shot of this configuration?