PB 32 Question multistate indicator

DANNYC

Hello, I am programing a Touchscreen (Panelview 1000C) for a new project. We're controlling multple motors (10). I am using separate HOA buttons (3) for each motor because operation requested it. My question is: I would like to use a separate indicator for each motor which will have 4, maybe more states. Hand, Off, Auto, Fault 1, Fault 2, etc. I have different text and colors assigned for each state. I am confused as to which property to use: lsb or value. Which one will use less memory on the slc 5/04. On the Tag Form, what do I use for the tag address? Is there another method to do this easier? Thanks for your help.:confused:

Before you get much further, check your system... Are you using a Panelview 1000C (Component)? If so, you don't use PB32.

To be more specific, the touchscreen is a spare we used on another project that used the panelbuilder 32 software. I am at home right now and do not have the exact model # of the screen. I've used the multistate indicators in its two state configuration where it was "bit" triggered. I have alot of leeway as to how to arrange the screen pushbuttons, indicators, alarms, etc. I am trying to make the screen as operator friendly as possible. On the multistate indicator, if I use the lsb or value property, does it use a whole word for each indicator to trigger each state?

It depends on how these states are represented in the program. Either way the screen will look at the whole word you provide so, if you use LSB, make sure the whole word is dedicated to just that motor's operation.