Omron Ladder Question

andyjpa

Hello

I am trying to design a rung of ladder that will activate an output flag if two inputs are pressed at the same time ie 0.00 and 0.01 start and stop buttons

any help appreciated

regards

Andy

One way is to create two oneshot flags off the two inputs & use them to set a flag, the scenario is that the oneshots will only be on for one scan together if both buttons are pressed at the same time (before all you lot say it) "providing these are during the same scan or update of inputs"
As the oneshots are only on for one scan if the stop button pressed a few ms after the start then the flag will not be set
not sure what plc you are using but most have some sort of oneshot function
i.e.
A I0.0 ons F10.0
A I0.1 ons F10.1
A F10.0
A F10.1
S F10.2
something else reset F10.2

Omron uses set and reset does not have an OSR instruction but does have differentiate up or differentiate down for load or load not commands. The differentiate stays active for one cycle