Allen bradely

PERSPOLIS

I have two questions:
1- what kind of program is needed for panelview plus.
2- what is the difference between ETHERNET AND ETHENET IP in regards to RSLINX.
Thanks

FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition (ME) is used to create and edit PanelView Plus applications.

FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition is included in FactoryTalk View Studio Site Edition (SE), or can be purchased separately as part number 9701-VWSTMENE.

Very specific to RSLinx Classic:

The "Ethernet Devices" driver requires you to enter the host names or IP addresses of each device you wish to communicate with. This driver supports both the old "CSPv4" Ethernet protocol for PLC-5 and PLC-5/250 and SLC-5/05 more than 10 years old, and also supports the modern "CIP" Ethernet protocol used by ControlLogix.

The "EtherNet/IP" driver uses a broadcast packet to discover devices that support the ODVA's "EtherNet/IP" application protocol, also called Common Industrial Protocol (CIP). This driver supports only devices that use the modern protocol, including MicroLogix 1100 & 1400, 1761-NET-ENI, SLC-5/05 and PLC-5E (newer than 10 years old), and all ControlLogix family devices.

PanelView Plus terminals actually use another version of RSLinx, called RSLinx Enterprise, for upload/download and for communication to controllers.

FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition (ME) is used to create and edit PanelView Plus applications.

FactoryTalk View Studio Machine Edition is included in FactoryTalk View Studio Site Edition (SE), or can be purchased separately as part number 9701-VWSTMENE.

Very specific to RSLinx Classic:

The "Ethernet Devices" driver requires you to enter the host names or IP addresses of each device you wish to communicate with. This driver supports both the old "CSPv4" Ethernet protocol for PLC-5 and PLC-5/250 and SLC-5/05 more than 10 years old, and also supports the modern "CIP" Ethernet protocol used by ControlLogix.

The "EtherNet/IP" driver uses a broadcast packet to discover devices that support the ODVA's "EtherNet/IP" application protocol, also called Common Industrial Protocol (CIP). This driver supports only devices that use the modern protocol, including MicroLogix 1100 & 1400, 1761-NET-ENI, SLC-5/05 and PLC-5E (newer than 10 years old), and all ControlLogix family devices.

PanelView Plus terminals actually use another version of RSLinx, called RSLinx Enterprise, for upload/download and for communication to controllers.
Thanks KEN for the reply

Just to a add bit on question number 1

>> Yes it requires RSView Studio ME and to be specific there are two of them,
1. RSView Studio development Software - having studio blue color
2. RSView ME Station Runtime Software - having ME a green color

Don