ATS-S5 on VMware not working on P8700 PC

PhilS7

For ages I've used ATS-S5 on a VM with no problems.

My PC has just gone to PC heaven and I've got a new Fujitsu Esprimo with a P8700. ATS-S5 runs ok, you can look at code etc. But I cannot download anything!

I've put the same VM onto an old machine and it's fine.

Tried three versions of VMware on the new PC and failed. An XP virtual machine will download an Interbus config (uses serial port) with no problems.

The parallel port must be working as the dongle shows up in ATS title screen.

Any ideas so I can work with just one PC???

Using XP as host OS by the way...

Cheers,

Phil.

What versions or release of VMWare? You might want to see if your removable device is enabled and porting from your host to your guest. Check device manager

VM Workstation 7 is the best I've used so far. I just got a new Dell E6500 with the SSD, T9900 and Win7 x64 and have guest VM on XP and I can use RSLogix 500, WinCC flex, Step7, etc. Downloading is no problem.