Noob question S5 to S7 conversion (S5 FB120 to S7 SFB12)

AD77

Hiya,

a bit of a noobie question, I'm currently converting a Step 5 program to Step 7 and I've come across a bit of a problem (which I'm sure will only take seconds to fix).

I've got serial comms between two S5 processors and I'm replacing one (to start with) with an S7 414 processor and a CP441-2 card.

The problem i've got is the conversion between the S5 FB120 SEND block to the S7 SFB12 BSEND block.

The S5 code looks like this:

JC FB120
Name: SEND
SSDB: DB 19
A-NR: KY 0,2
ANZW: KY 20,3
QTYP: KS DB
DBNR: KY 0,3
QANF: KF +3
QLAE: KF +47
UELA: F 119.3

Now how do I convert this in to the BSEND block:

CALL "BSEND" , DB (instance DB)
REQ :=
R :=
ID :=
R_ID :=
DONE :=
ERROR :=
SD_1 :=
LEN :=
NOP 0

Any suggestions are welcome!
Cheers

It's been a long, long time, but...

JC FB120
Name: SEND
SSDB: DB 19
A-NR: KY 0,2 //this top stuff job and connection setup stuff
ANZW: KY 20,3 //has no meaning for step7
QTYP: KS DB //what type of memory you are sending in this case from a DB
DBNR: KY 0,3 //db number that data is being sent from
QANF: KF +3 //byte offset
QLAE: KF +47 //number of words sent
UELA: F 119.3 //not sure if this was an error or done bit

Now how do I convert this in to the BSEND block:

CALL "BSEND" , db12
REQ := bit that changes state whatever is used for the JC in front of FB120
R := db12.dbx0.1 reset bit to clear job
ID := this comes from the connection you create in Netpro
R_ID := the number needs to match the RCV block R_ID in remote PLC
DONE := db12.dbx8.0 send was successful bit
ERROR := db12.dbx8.1 send went bad
SD_1 := p#db3.dbx3.0 word 47
LEN := mw40this is an in/out var so need to l 47 and t mw40
NOP 0

Thanks for the responses guys.

PeterW: If I had a choice I would of replaced both systems at once, but due to the customers budget we're having to do it in 4 stages (PLC, then I/O, second PLC, second lot of I/O) :-(

LD: The 414 could easily cope with the entire line, but because the customer wants to minimise downtime we've got to do it in the stages above (it's ironic as cost is also an issue and it would probably be cheaper to do it in one hit).

sylent: Cheers for that, I'll give it a go. Thanks for the info on the Step 5 block as that was the main area I was having problems understanding.

S5 to S7 Transition

Have you thought about using the S7-414 to control the I/O step by step? we recent did a job on an S5-135 with 6 or 7 racks of I/O and a COROS HMI (pain)

we set up mapping of the S7 I/O into a couple of S5 data blocks, and then linked the S5 and S7 over Ethernet, gradually cutting out the control from the S5 a PB at a time.

Also set the S5 I/O up with an IM on the S7 so that the physical I/O eventually were run from the S7 when the S5 CPU was taken out

There's a bit of downtime in the cutover (hour or two), but always a fall back contingency, and most of the transition can be done on line.

Good luck

Moebius is correct, can done in stages, done it myself.

Buy 1 S7 PLC and a DP Card for the S5 as a temporary link or buy a serial card and use the serial comm as a temp link.

Last edited: