LSIS PLC and Ethernet and Laptop

Pooyan

Hi all,

Can anyone point me to manual or resources that can help me interface a laptop to instruct a PLC?

here is what I have:

Laptop XP

Software HMI InduSoft Web Studio

LS Industrial Systems PLC (XGB: XBM-DN16S) and Ethernet (XBL-EMTA) modeules connected 1:1.

I appreciate any help.

Sincerely,

Pooyan

Motcp

I located the hardware manual and the ethernet manual and skimmed them, thanks.

Now I am configuring MOTCP driver with my ethernet module on the PLC. the port number seems to be 502 but there is no mention of tag status or anything like that or anything that I highlighted red in the attached images.

Note I am not sure whether my computer should be server or client. I thought the whole point was to have 2 interacting devices. PLC to comp / comp to plc. Please help.

XGT_modbus_tcp_help.jpg XGT_modbus_tcp.jpg

MOTCP and PLC

Hi There,

Does anyone know the mapping in memories between P, M and D areas in PLC to MOTCP main driver sheet in InduSoft IWS?

Regards,

Pooyan