consultant/contractor for ST coding on Beckhoff

hgates

Hello, we are using Beckhoff PLCs right now at our company. Two of the biggest challenges with this platform is the lack of local support and lack of consultants who know how to program for the platform. There are a few people here who would like to switch to Allen Bradley. Regardless of the technical merits, local support and consultants is definitely something AB wins at hands down around here. Of course we have our own resources internally, but it would be nice to be able to bring in some extra help from time to time. Does anyone know of engineers familiar with coding structured text for a 61131-3 environment that would be open to consulting? Local would be best (Boston area), but remote might also be an option. Write me privately if you don't want to post here: hgates at 1366tech dot com.

thanks,
-Holly Gates

Congrads. I would ask an assistance from a guru who made a decision to use Backhoff in first place. Hope soon or later you will switch to better supporting brand.

The message sounds a bit... panicky. Have you guys tried to contact Beckhoff USA for starters???

I find it hard to beleive there is no support/experts in Boston area.

Not that panicky

The message sounds a bit... panicky. Have you guys tried to contact Beckhoff USA for starters???

Its not an emergency or anything. Beckhoff actually has great phone/web support. But we can't for instance ask them to write code for us wholesale to do part or all of a project. Its also nice to have someone come onsite to help sometimes if there is a panic situation or a stubborn problem.

I find it hard to beleive there is no support/experts in Boston area.
Me too, but we have asked Beckhoff a few times and they have not come up with anyone. They put us in touch with a customer of theirs in the area who builds machines, but they were not open to PLC consulting. Also there are a number of people here who have diverse experience in automation and machine building, and no one knows anyone who has experience with Beckhoff.

I feel like there ought to be someone around, but I seem to be having a hard time finding them. Hence this post...

Thanks,
-Holly