MP277 - Slow page buildup when navigating between pages

controllec

Has anybody of you come accross when navigating between pages on an MP277 in runtime that it can take up to 10sec between pages. We have max. 20 analogue and 30 digital powertags per page. Each analogue or digital is associated with a hidden face plate which might contain up to ten associated analogue or digital tags when called. When calling the faceplate, the values display instantly and operation is instantaneous. Communication is implemented via ethernet to a
S7 315 PN/DP CPU. (Total I/O count - 24AI, 4AO, 32DI, 48DO - i.e. small)
Is the slow page build-up due to processor constraints, RAM size on the MP277?
The same or similar application is almost instantaneous on an MP477.
Any suggestions?

Is there an MP477 ? I didnt know that.

Anyway, I like the MP277-8, amongst other things because of the fast switching of screens. I use ethernet (of course !), but you didnt write what online connection is used.
I dont use faceplates so maybe that can explain it. Are there VBS script in the faceplates ?
Try to make a test screen with the same tags, but without faceplates.

I encountered the same problem. I had a picture with some I/O fields that were grouped together. I just ungrouped the fields and the response were much faster. Large bitmap pictures also seems to slow down the HMI.

Try to remove some elements from the picture and check if the response gets better. You can also try and spilt the faceplates from their instances and check if that improves performance.

Thank you for your response.
My applogies - a PC477.
The online connection is Industrial Ethernet,(IE) unless I misunderstood you.
No VB sripting is being used. The face plates are populated from DB's for the relevant values and from text lists for the appropriate text. Rather cumbersome but we have to use our clients' standard.

Yes. large bitmaps are a hog. Especially if they are set in the background and there is an animation on top of the bitmap.
We will revert to an IPC477
But it appears that the faceplates are the problem, as each digital and analogue tag has a hidden faceplate associated to it. That adds up to a lot of tags, as the status of these tags is obviously queried when opening a new page / window.
thank you once again for your assistance.