STEP 7 set downcounter

italo2008

I need to set a Z_RUECK counter using data from HMI: in particular, the ZW input must be set by user (this data is saved in DB7). What is the data type that I must define for this data in DB7? if i set ZW input directly in ladder logic (for example with C#10) it works correctly, but if I use, for example, DB7.DBW34 it doesn't work...

were is the mistake???

thanks

C# is a BCD-code of 3 numbers :

[FONT=&quot]XXXX 1001 0001 0010[/FONT] = 9 1 2

Countervalue is in between 0 and 999

What you can do is:

DBW34: integer, with limits '0' and '999'.

Inside the plc-program: conversion of DBW34: Integer_to_BCD

Or you could make sure DB7.DBW34 is configured as WORD and on the HMI the input field connected to DB7.DBW34 should be configured as HEX.

Select the counter and press F1, configure the DBW's according to what it shows there.....