DB pointer ?

Berra

hi,
Someone you can give me som tip?
I have 10 engines that I have created in a UDT, and each engine has a starting address. Engine 1 has the starting address 0. but the speed variable of the engine has the address 6.0 how can i make the pointer point to that address ?

This dosen´t seems to work:
OPN "motor_lista"
l # pointers
SLW 4
lar1
L 50
t dBW. [AR1, P # 6.0]

/ Thomas

You do not show the processing for the "pointers" variable.

Copy the relevant blocks to a library and post the archived library. We can then see the udt layout etc.

Ok, here is the File of udt.
i saw have type the wrong adress for the speed variable it should be address 4.0 in udt.

Code:
      L     5                           //for test
      T     #iMotorNumber
      L     6                           //constant for UDT
      T     #iSizeOfMotorUDTInBytes

OPN   DB     3
      L     #iMotorNumber               //make zero based
      +     -1
      L     #iSizeOfMotorUDTInBytes
      *D    
      SLD   3                           //convert to pointer format
      LAR1