Long Time delay in AB Micrologic

rmb550

First of all I want to say thanks to all the posters here -- this is a great resource.
I have an application where I need to implement a long time delay (30 days) and wonder what the best way to do this might be.
Thanks,
RMB

Rtc?

Does your Micrologix have a Real Time Clock (RTC)? If yes, you could use the clock to increment a counter at a desired time of day. Set the counter preset to 30.

rmb550, welcome to the fourm.

If your micrologix does not have a RTC ( real time clock) use a self resetting timer with 1 sec time base and a preset of 3600 ( 1 hour). Then use the timers done bit to
increment a counter with a preset of 720 ( 30 days).
Reset the counter at this point or whatever your going to do with its done bit first,then reset.

Edit:
zankorel types faster then I do.

Thanks for the speedy responses.....I will probably use the 3600 timer/720 counter combo as I have no experience with the RTC yet.
I have my local rep coming in today I will try to get some answers on the lead time issues on the Micrologix 1400.