How to unlock GE Fanuc Machine Edition Ladder Blocks?

mduko

I have a .SwxCF PLC project file on Proficy machine edition v5.5. Some ladder blocks are in "View Lock" mode and we could not access them. The original programmer, instead of giving the password to unlock the "View Lock" of the blocks, sent the following files:

filename.PKO
filename.PKL
filename.PKA
filename.PKC
filename.PKR

How are the above files used to view the locked ladder blocks?

Appreciate the help guys.

Those are the backup files created with Logicmaster software. Logicmaster included a utility called "PKZIP" which was used to make compressed backup files. Using Logicmaster's "Restore" procedure you can recover a Logicmaster file which, presumably is not viewlocked.

If you don't have Logicmaster, send me a private message and I'll give you an email address where you can the files to me. I'll open them and create a text file of the ladder listing for you, unless the Logicmaster file also turns out to be locked.