HMI download problem

TomTom

Hi all,

I'm having trouble downloading the hardware config data to a HMI.
Situation: An MPI-network with 1 PLC (S7-300) and 1 HMI (KTP600 PN). I set up a project in WinCC Flexible and integrated it with the STEP7-project. In SIMATIC Manager I see that my HMI is added under the name Device_1. Double click Configuration and hardware config opens. I set MPI-address to 4 and click PLC > download.
The error that follows is shown in the attached image. The instruction SIMATIC shows, to set "S7RTM is installed", are not clear to me: I can't find the specified tab or window.
(See attached image)

Question: Is there anyone out there that knows what I'm supposed to do? Or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Cheers, Tom

HMI download problem.jpg

I think that you go about it the wrong way. You should not transfer to the panel from the Simatic Manager.
edit: Only HMI's that are "PC Stations" needs a HW download from Simatic Manager. That is why the Simatic Manager "thinks" you are attempting to download to a PC station.

Set the MPI address and other parameters on the panel itself. On a Windows CE panel, you would have to open the "transfer" applet in the Windows Control Panel. Not sure how it works with a KTP panel since it is linux based, but it should be similar. RTFM.

When that part is OK, and the panel is connected with a suitable cable (*), then from WinCC Flexible you can start a transfer.

*: If you are using a PC Adapter, serial or USB, then you MUST connect the adapter to the PLC via a Profibus connector with a PG socket, and the panel should be connected via this Profibus connector, a profibus cable and a similar profibus connector on the panel.

Last edited: