Joystick...

TomekPLC

Hello everyone,

For our spot welder we want to incorporate a template to help guide the part to the required position. Once in position proximity sensor will turn on and operator will depress buttons to lower weld gun and initiate weld.
What I am looking for is a device which resembles a joystick with a push button on the top to be activated with a thumb.
Perhaps someone knows who might make that.
Thank you in advance and best regards.

Tom

What sort of price range are you thinking of? Custom joystick controllers can be rather expensive (cheap potentiometer ones are somewhere around $300+ for the low end). Depending on what you want, going to a company like cyber tech may cost $1000+ for a single joystick. I don't know their pricing, but I recently did some research on joystick controllers for retrofitting a drill press that was a little surprised at the price of those things.