How to export from Siemens S7

BillyB

Hi,
Not sure if this is an easy one or not but here goes. I simply want to have a nice excel sheet with all my tags and their names and Descriptions.
i.e
Address Name Comment
DB2 DBD67 E-Stop Emergency Stop PushButton
DB2 DBD68 Auto Macine in Auto

How do I get the data out of the program like this. We are using Wonderware but the tag export from WW is not suitable.

thanks

Unfortunately, I dont think there is.
You can export the symbol table. But it only contains the I, Q, M and DB names (not the content within the DBs).

You can generate the STL source from the DBs in question.
Then open the DBs as text files.
You may need to manipulate the text quite a bit to fit into ordered rows and columns in Excel.

Works quite OK.
You have to use Text-to-columns, and specify "(" as the delimiter.

Hmmmmm.... how to remove all the duplicates ?

edit: And it does not include the eventual comment for each symbol.
Not sure that it is so useful after all.

Last edited:
Please detail xref method

Please detail xref method. I am not familiar with this facility. No resultss when I search in Siemens Help.

Install a text-only printer and print the contents of the DB to a file. (Pagesize A3). Import this file in Excel using fixed width. You now have all the data, distorted by footers and headers.
Spend the time you have to your next coffeebreak in creating a macro to clean up your data. After your coffebreak, clean it up manually in five minutes.

I have a XLS utility that allows you to generate DB's from excel and back. I would post it but it's 3meg. You can download it off the Siemens support site for a small cost.