S7: FB126 & WinCC Display of ProfiBus Status

AbjectControl

Gentlemen,

I'm pulling out what little hair I have left dealing with FB126. I'm dealing with S7 V5.4 w/ SP5, and do not have the SCL add-on. I've been through the Siemens forums, and have been following the presented examples; however, none of the Profibus status information is being transmitted. Am I missing a major step here, or is it indeed the case that FB126 cannot be used without the SCL add-on?

Help?

-AbjectControl

I assumed as much, but was receiving conflicting information from other sources. I'm still confused as to how I'm applying the block incorrectly, as it doesn't seem to be working (i.e. - DB's aren't showing anything other than 'default' values), but will continue to work at it.

Many thanks.

Alright, so I have FB126 functioning, which is a small victory.

Next question, is there any manner to acquire the parameter and local variable names for the associated DB126? I'd like to have some flexibility with using the information gathered, outside that which is outlined by the example presented.

Help?