S7 200 to 1200 conversion tool

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Available here

Instructions

SIMATIC S7-200 to SIMATIC S7-1200 Application Software Conversion Tool :
To support the conversion of existing SIMATIC S7-200 Applications to SIMATIC S7-1200 the further on described Software “S7-200 to SIMATIC S7-1200 software conversion tool” can be downloaded.

The STEP 7-Micro/WIN program that you want to convert must have these properties:
  • The program must have been created using STEP 7-Micro/WIN V4.0 SP7 or an earlier version of STEP 7-Micro/WIN.
  • The program must have been created using SIMATIC programming mode. IEC programming mode is not supported.
  • The program must have been saved in LAD (ladder editor) format.
  • The program must compile with no errors.
  • All user-defined password block protection must have been removed from the STEP 7-Micro/WIN program. Remove the password protection from the main routine, subroutines, interrupt routines, and all data pages in the data block. Any program block that is password protected will not be converted
For further details, and the Tool handling, please refer to the corresponding documentation, embedded into the zip file.
System Requirments:
The very same conditions for the installation of SIMATIC STEP 7 basic V10.5 are valid. In order to be able to install the S7-200 to S7-1200 application software conversion tools, SIMATIC STEP 7 basic V10.5 SP2 and SIMATIC STEP 7-Micro/WIN V4.0 SP6 (or higher) have to be installed on your computer.

Installation S7-200 zu S7-1200 Applikation Software Konversion Tool:
  1. Download the attached file S7200toS71200Converter.zip.
  2. unzip the file onto your Hard drive.
  3. execute the installation "setup.exe" within the unzipped file.

Updated Link for Siemens website HERE for conversion tool

Old link above is superceded

Hi Dave,

How do you like the software? (Step7 Basic) I am working with my Siemens rep to see if I can get a break on the price and offer it to my customers with my trainers, the PLC's are a very good price but the software is going to kill me, do you know if they have a lite version?, I should have mine next week or the week after.... then the fun starts :unsure:

What is the software to program the S7 1200 is it an add on to Simatic manager Step7 or microwin or is it a completely new software???

Its a new software, Step7 Basic... I don't have it yet (next week), but from what I have been told it will be replacing WinCC and Step7 and you will be able to program the 300's with it also, not sure if you can do only newer 300's or the older also, I think the conversion of the 300's are about a year away, again this is just what I have been told

Here is more info that you may like reading, it looks nice...

http://www.automation.siemens.com/m...tware/en/step7/step7-basic/Pages/Default.aspx

I hope to be building trainers soon :)

There is no lite version, you can buy the software bundled together with a 1212 as a starter kit - its cheaper

The software is new Step7 Basic and will at the end of this year be replacing Step 7 for the 300 and 400 series plcs, only the newer plcs will support the software but it will be backward compatible with working on older stuff

At least thats what im told here in the uk by the S7 boys doing demos and training

Thanks Dave...

I also bought a few 'kits' as these are going to be my new trainers :) I got one of the HMI's also

I tried to install the conversion tool but I got an error that Step7 Plus V10.5 SP2 needs to be installed.... what is plus? I have search but can't find any add on's

Any ideas?

I tried to install the conversion tool but I got an error that Step7 Plus V10.5 SP2 needs to be installed.... what is plus? I have search but can't find any add on's

Any ideas?

the same error happened to me.. and i have installed the Step7 Plus V11 SP2. is there a way to convert from s7200 to this version? (V11)