Will Linx and Red Lion Conflict

AlanSmith

Hi. If a PC application, (for example Excel) is using RSLinx (DDE) to connect to a SLC505 and I then connect a Red Lion DSP unit to the same PLC, both via the same ethernet, then would I expect any kind of conflict between the two. I ask because I am considering adding the DSP to an existing system. The DSP would be used for some data logging, and as a Virtual HMI. The PC application is by someone else and I do not want to mess with it.
Thanks in advance for any replies... Alan

If those are the only connections, then no. There is a limit to the number of active connections to the SLC, but I don't remember the exact number (I think it is around 8).

The DSP should be able to connect and get the data out without interfering with Linx.