FactoryView SE downgrading 5.1 to 5.0

shrirampendse

Hello,

I have a problem with FactoryView SE. For development I was given version 5.1 CPR 9. My application is ready on version 5.1 . But now when the purchased license and its DVD has arrived it is version 5.0 CPR 9. I backed up my application from v 5.1 and restored it in 5.0 But When I open my SCADA application on version 5.0, screens cannot be opened. What is the way out?

(a) Can I use version 5.0 license to run my version 5.1 SCADA application?
(b) How do I convert my 5.1 version application to 5.0 .
No help can be solicited from Local Rockwell support.

Thanks and regards,
CLXenggr

Last edited:
Yes, the activation for 5.0 will also run 5.1.

Do not attempt to backwards-convert your project. There is no reason to do so.

FactoryView SE

Thanks for quick reply.

For development I have v 5.0 and 5.1 on two different computers. Application is developed on version 5.1 and I have to deploy it on clients system which will be installed with version 5.1 . As you said version 5.0 license will run the application developed on version 5.1 . I will install v 5.1 with license of v 5.0 .I hope that will solve the problem

Thanks again,
CLXenggr

FactoryView SE downgrading 6.x to 5.x

I know this reply is too late but I've got same case and I tried to explore and I got the answer. I got a project to develop HMI at our plant, I develop all the screen from FTView SE 6.0, but then I got information that Installed server would be 5.0. Wow! it will be a hard work for me if I cannot backwards the GFX.
Following is the step to downgrade GFX from Ver 6.0 to 5.0:
1. From the Version 6.0 right click folder display then select Import and Export
2. Select the display you want to downgrade and export the file, it will save in xml format
3. From computer that run FTview 6.x copy file: C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView Enterprise\Schemas\Gfx-SE5.XSD, this file contain the method to parse the xml to GFX.
4. Copy that file to computer which run FTView5.x at folder "C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView Enterprise\Schemas\" and backup the file Gfx-SE4.XSD in case you need that file if something wrong.
5. Rename file Gfx-SE5.XSD to Gfx-SE4.XSD
6. open the graphics which already imported in FTView6.0 then open by notepad.
Change the header at second line :
noNamespaceSchemaLocation="Gfx-SE5.xsd"
to:
noNamespaceSchemaLocation="Gfx-SE4.xsd"

and then save.

7. From the FTview 5.0 -> display-> import and select the *.xml file . then.. tadaaaa...!! you will get the GFX in 5.x version.

Hope will help anyone in this forum.

"Action is medicine for your fear"

Just want to confirm that this does still work on SE Distributed for going from v9.0 to v8.1.
I had to copy over file Gfx-SE10 from the v9.0 computer. Put the original Gfx-SE8 file on the v8.1 machine in another folder I called Backup. Renamed the Gfx-SE10 file to Gfx-SE8. Then renamed the second line of the v9.0 .xml file I needed to import to noNamespaceSchemaLocation="Gfx-SE8.xsd". Went back into FTView, imported my screen, and she imported like a charm. Had a couple random quirks in the display, a few of the graphics were shifted over a few pixels here and there, but nothing I couldn't have straightened out in a few minutes. Definitely saved me Countless number of hours!!!

hi sir, can you tell me your step by step procedure?
downgrading from ftview 8.1 to 8.0 is the target.

importing multiple displays

Last edited:
v10 to 8.2 still woks great. This is the second time this post has saved me.

FYI - for anyone converting to 8.2, the process is identical as if you are converting to 8.0. Minor rev (at least for v8) does not seem to matter.

Update from July 2022. Had to get from FTView SE v12 to v8. Just had to do the above steps twice. Went from v12 to v11, then v11 to v8. Saved me days of time, thank you so much!