ML 1100 & Wavecom Fastrack Supreme 20 - SMS PROBLEM

sbhussain01

Hi there Guys,

My first post on this Forum !

I have a Set-up for sending SMS from PLC to Modem -

MICROLOGIX 1100 PLC - WAVECOM FASTRACK SUPREME 20 MODEM

I am using AWT block,the source string has the characters

AT+CMGS="+XXXXXXXXXXXX" ^M THIS IS A TEST SMS ^Z

So whenever the rung goes false-true this string is sent to the Channel 0 of the PLC and to the modem -

The first time the rung goes false-true NO SMS is received....

The Second time the rung goes false-true i get an SMS and the text appears like ....

AT+CMGS="+XXXXXXXXXXXX" THIS IS A TEST SMS

The same program works fine with older version of Wavecom Fastrack (Not Supreme) without any difficulty.

I have been trying to sort out the problem since a long time now but in vain.

Please help....thanks in advance.

This is just a personal thing, but i always tend to send 2 seperate AWT commands separated by a short timer (say) 2 secs. Send the mobile number first...short delay...then send the message body.

Works every time for me (although i have never used the modem vendor you refer to).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rob

I didnt find any literature explaining the ASCII DATA format to be sent to the Modem but actually that helped......

Thank a lot for the Help Rob.

But the PLC can't read any data from the new Modems....the previous model of Modem used to read the responses given by the modem without any problem.

Regards,

Syed