Quick Question.....1771-IFE and 2 Slot Addressing

bingcrosbyb

:confused: Let's say I'm using 2 slot addressing with a 1771-IFE in a PLC-5 chassis. Can I put another 1771-IFE in the same module group? What about a 1771-OFE? I'm quite new to the restrictions to the chassis layout of a PLC-5 so any help would be appreciated. I know you cannot put a 16 point discrete card in the same module group. Thanks.

-S

Yes you can. See example below. Note the resident chassis is set for 2 slot addressing it contains only 1771-IFE modules. Output module should not be a problem.
Double click on IO configuration then double click on chassis one.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

So the quick and short of the situation is that I designed an axle press that was sent to one of my company's other facilities. That facility just...
Replies
Views
So I have a PID loop on an 1756-L61 running V17 software just for background. Also the PID PV is a pressure transmitter and the CV is speed sent...
Replies
Views
Has anyone come across a 3 turn potentiometer that is panal mounted with either a 22 or 30 mm hole? I have been looking but nothing so far. They...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am just learning CCW, finally got connected to a micro820. I'm wondering what the Version number means. The program that was already in the...
Replies
Views
How do I measure if I am getting a signal out of the plc output? All of the outputs are giving me the same voltage, however I am certain that not...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom