Industrial Keyboards

The Plc Kid

I am looking to buy some industrial keyboards and wanted to get some opinions. I just need something dust proof no liquids in the area. panel mount (bolt down).

I was looking at some of the products here http://www.ikey.com/ProductsList/?menu=1

I am having trouble on the mouse choosing between the Hula point and the touch pad style. To me the touch pad seems a little more natural. I don't have much experience with either of them.

Any opions or better brands

I've used the virtually indestructible keyboard in areas where there is a lot of dust that usually eats keyboards monthly. They last a long time AFTER the crews first show that they really are destructible. After they get it out of their system and have a good laugh, they really like it.

http://store.grandtec.com/virinkey.html

I am looking to buy some industrial keyboards and wanted to get some opinions. I just need something dust proof no liquids in the area. panel mount (bolt down).

I was looking at some of the products here http://www.ikey.com/ProductsList/?menu=1

I am having trouble on the mouse choosing between the Hula point and the touch pad style. To me the touch pad seems a little more natural. I don't have much experience with either of them.

Any opions or better brands

I have only used a few, but my experience with IKEY has been very good - see no reason to try anything else. The ones we have used (supplied to our customers) have the Hula point and some have been in operation for over 8 years. I have found the Hula point to be a little awkward and will try the touch pad on my next purchase.

Bottom line - they work fine - last a long time.

I would go for the touch pad over the hula thing. Anyone with a laptop has used a touch pad (even if they got sick of it after 30 seconds and found a USB mouse...). I never used one of those Hula things myself, but in our coal yard control room (not a dirty atmosphere but lotsa dirt/dust on surfaces) we have at least 4 of those touch pads - and they have yet to give us problems (installed about 2 years ago)

-John

I use the ikey keyboards with the hula pointer. The hula pointer takes a little getting used to but once you have used it for a few times its just fine.