Problem getting decimal value to ineger file using NI8

zahidraza1212

m using AB SLC-500 PLC and the processor is SLc 5/03.i want to implement the PID control on the bytronic inverted pendulum using this PLC.As a start,i m trying to understand the analog I/O's.i selected the range from 0v-10v from configuration and selected the channel-1,activated the channel and pressed ok.then the COP instruction appears on the Ladder program on its own.i applied the voltage from power supply to 0+ terminal of NI8.and varied the power.before this i used the SCP instruction in the manner
input I:4.0
inputmin 0
inputmax 32767
but no value i examined to be coming in the N:7 file.if any one can help me plz reply me very soon.

k m sending .RSS file

hi m sending the .RSS file.please see it and let me know where m making any mistake.m doing my final year project.therefore i need urgent reply.

i have downloaded and went online but nothing happened.when i change the voltage from power supply no change in the fine N7:20 appears.i dont know wht is the problem.however i m not confident with the channel configuration.i wanna ask that if m using input 0+ for voltage from 0-10 volts then wht channel should i use?m using channel one and making it active by checking it

As Bob O said you need to complete your edits and download to the processor. But before you do that, setting the data format to engineering unit for a 0-10 volt input will give you 0-10000 raw data value in I:4.0.
If you are going to use this for PID then you would be better off using the "Scaled for PID" data format first. This will give you 0-16383 raw data value for 0-10 volt input. The PID instruction requires this value ( 0-16383) for its input data.
You can then use the SCP to scale the value to engineering units ( for humans to look at)

I:4.0
input min = 0
input max = 16383
scaled min = 0
scaled max = 100
N7:20

Again double check dip switches and wiring.

See pdf below for data format values

Last edited:
Read what has already been posted!

Mickey did his program fault your RSLogix? When I clicked the Advance I/O config mine died.