Setting multiple bits from one PV button?

JerryH

I've got a PV600 connected to three machines on DH+ and am collecting data from counters from each one to display. I would like to add a button to reset all counters in each machine. How can I tie one button to three different node addresses to set a bit in each one to trigger the counter reset logic.
I've tried adding an invisible button over a button hoping both would actuate upon pressing the one displayed (this works in other touch panels) but I get an 'Overlapping Control Objects Error'

Any ideas???

Jerry

That's a Panelview Standard. An easy way to tell is the black bezel versus the gray bezel. The Panelview Plus has a gray bezel.

I don't think there's an easy way to do what you want with the PV standard. The only way I can think of would be to put a message in one PLC that sends the reset signal to the other two when it received a signal from the Panelview.

Paul

Yep, I was going to do it with a message bit unless someone knew a way around it in the Panelview.

thanks,
Jerry

Which PLC/SLC do you have. Look up "Global Status Flags"
for a PLC5 and "Global Status Word" for a SLC. Much easier way for processors to communicate between DH+ ports.

Which PLC/SLC do you have. Look up "Global Status Flags"
for a PLC5 and "Global Status Word" for a SLC. Much easier way for processors to communicate between DH+ ports.

I did say message bit but I would use a bit in a 'Global Status Word' as these are SLC504's.

Jerry