Relays in PLC

tested

Hello, as a beginner i'm don't know the meaning of the term relay in PLC programming. Please help clarify me on that.

Thanks in advance.
Tested!

tested,

Are you talking about hardware or programming terminology?

If hardware, then the term is the same an electromechanical relay.
If a programming term then rguimond gave you the answer. ( relay=coil/output)

Last edited:
Hi Guys, the question actually involved PLC programming. Thanks for clarifying me on this issue.
I am preparing for an exam, and i have a series of questions that need to be answered. Hope i won't take much of time with my beginner questions.
Tested!

Similar Topics

I'd like to talk this through a little: Relays are regularly used for PLC outputs, regardless of a need for signal conversion. But what about...
Replies
Views
I'd like to get some feedback on the use of latching/unlatching relays. (Something I've never used in my limited programming experience.) I've...
Replies
Views
What is the benefit of using external relays when you wire a DI signal to a PLC I/O card. For example, why would I install an external relay in...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I am currently working as a member of an aerospace enterprise and am working on a ground station to communicate with our...
Replies
Views
Dear All, 1. We have number of protective relays in our switchgear to be connected to PLC. These relays have RS-485(3 terminals), Ethernet port...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom