Help with SCADA connectivity

moreins

Hello guys
I have 3 Unitronics Vision280 PLC which have ethernet expansion cards. All of them have been configured in socket 2, port 502 TCP as slave devices. They are connected via ethernet to a netgear 10/100 ethernet switch and ping from the computer is OK.
I also have ROCKWELL software (rslinx and FactoryTalk). I want to create a scada for the unitronics plcs but i dont know where to start in order to access the PLC from the rockwell software.
Can anyone please give me some start hints?
i will appreciate it

thanks!!

Last edited:
Try and get an OPC server for the unitronics PLC's. I doubt very much that RSLinx will be able to communicate with the Unitronics PLC's directltly, but OPC may work.

You may need the correct version of RSLinx as well.

The other option if you are using FT is to try and use a Kepware driver, I have never used it, but have seen it with FT before.

Unitronics has a free OPC server (if memory serves "UniOPC Server") available for download from their website. I suggest you start there, also the help desk at Unitronics is usually very helpful with supplying sample code and suggestions.

Modbus works also with Unitronics PLS's. You have to only configurate it first on ladder (IP and slave address).

Anyway, UniOPC server is maybe easier way to this...

hello
i just installed uniopc server and its running. i also connected 1 unitronics plc and i believe the connectivity is OK.
i now need to start working on my scada (using factorytalk view se)...can you please give me some hints about the way or pattern i need to use to read and write data from the unitronics controllers?

thanks