s7 Symbol table

kirso

Is it possible to copy or import just the used addresses out of the program, so these can be used in the symbol table?
I am writing the symbol table in an old program and its a pain to enter each address one at a time.
I would like to load up just the addresses used and then enter the symbol/description.But up to now have not found a way to do this.

The xref facility will tell you which I/O is used in the program is that what you are after ?

Right click on the block folder to get the drop down list.

xrrr.JPG

thanks for the reply fellas.
But I wanted to be able to import the info from the X ref list to the symbols list.So it showed the used addresses.As it stands i have to open the symbols file and enter each symbol and comment and then the address. I found this to be a pain cos I was having to go back to the xref list to see what was in use in the program.
It didnt help that the drawings were also a mess.
I thought if I could import the addresses from the xref that would be a lot easier.
Or is it poss to enter symbols in xref list ?

Hi Kirso,

I think that symbols can not be edited via xref.

One solution is also to go through the program network by network and edit the symbols like in the first picture.

Second solution is to modify symbols in Hardware config like in the second picture one module at a time.

Other option is to export your existing symbols from symbol table to Excel-file and then modify the file in Excel and import it. I use the DIF-format.

Theres few ideas.

EditSymbols.jpg EditSymbols2.jpg