EEPROM and PLC ranges

tested

Can someone help me with the following questions:

1. What is the use of an EEPROM in a PLC?

2. Why do PLC's have IO ranges such as 2048 and not 2000?

Thanks
Tested

EEPROM's have absolutely no reason to be in a PLC. The only real way of having secure memory is to actually burn a ROM. EEPROM's are much too affected by cosmic rays.

2048 is SOooooooo much better then 2000, no? It's just marketing. Old, boring PLC's used to have only 2000 available I/O, then some marketing genius figured out that if they added a couple more transistors, they could sell a 2048 I/O model. It's kind of the reverse of "19.99" is psychologically much cheaper then "20.00".

Similar Topics

We have a PLC-5 in a printing machine. Few weeks ago, I made some online change in the running program of PLC but did not burn in to EEPROM. So...
Replies
Views
"(S44) PLC requested action has failed" Result when WRITE the RAM program to the EEPROM. No pre-confirmation message first. VERIFY fails too...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a couple of processors a 5/01 and a 5/02 both with eeproms When i try to load program onto either eeprom with either processor a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, yesterday I was at a customer site doing a PM and after making a couple of minor mods to the program, I went to back it up to EEPROM (yes...
Replies
Views
I recently had a 5/04 lose its program for what I'm atributting to a cheap battery that was installed 6 months ago so installed a EEPROM. I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom