PV+ ViewPoint?

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

Our local distributor has recommended this product as a possible option for making some of our PV1000+ displays slightly larger.
The customer would like a larger display, and possibly more visibility that what they currently have.
I am trying to push a SCADA system to them, but budgets are being spent elsewhere at the moment.

Is there anyone out there using the web-server option with the PV+ range?
From the flyer that I have read, it is read-only, but does run as a separate application, so one can view different screens to what is currently being displayed.
Read-Write access would be good, is there a reason that it is read-only?

Cheers

I don't know how that would make the displays 'Larger', unless you just mean physically. You won't get more pixels per screen, in other words.

ViewPoint essentially takes the graphics from an SE or ME application, and publishes them as web pages, after loading tags, with dynamic refreshes.

I haven't used it yet, though it was a consideration for a while, as I have the feeling that adding yet another layer of Rockwell software to our HMI servers and FactoryBroke network will only result in many sleepless nights and spectacular crashes.

I don't know how that would make the displays 'Larger', unless you just mean physically. You won't get more pixels per screen, in other words.
Good point. These are currently a PV1000+, so the resolution is 640x480. Going to a non-native resolution on a PC just does not work, too blurry for my liking. Customer may like it though.

I haven't used it yet, though it was a consideration for a while, as I have the feeling that adding yet another layer of Rockwell software to our HMI servers and FactoryBroke network will only result in many sleepless nights and spectacular crashes.
Interesting, you are running SE then, and have had network issues with multiple nodes?
We have 2x of these PV+, so could effectively run 2x web sessions.
We do have dedicated subnets for HMI/IO, but they are physically on the same network. I guess it all depends on how efficient the web server function is.

It utilises silverlight, what are the common thoughts on this?

I am currently using a 10 seat FT Viewpoint at a customers without any issues.

The only PITA was the install because the customer wouldn't give me internet access and FT Viewpoint required this but didn't throw an error stating that it need it to Authenticode.
So, long story short, they had to get to code writers on the line so they could have me change some code so it would install.

There is a KB out about this now.

I am using it with SE and they are all read only. You can do screen navigation but the data does update in real time like was mentioned above.

I think future releases are suppose to have more features then what is currently available right now.