Displaying manuals and drawings on MP277

PeterW

I'm looking at methods of displaying manuals and drawings on a 10" MP277 HMI which I'm programming with Wincc Flex 2007.

The method I believe I can use is to create webpages and invoke an IE call from one of the screens. Was thinking of a main index webpage, which can then link to other pages with the docs.

The only problem I can see is when the IE pops up all the toolbars are showing which means an op can then delve into the system. Is there a way to call the IE and disable the toolbars??

Or is there another easier way to do this without IE.. :rolleyes:

Just in case you were thinking along these ways, then there is a PDF Viewer, but only for MP377. You find it here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Siemens\PTProSave\AddOn\MS_PDF_Viewer
Somehow, the problem is that whatever method/program is used, it must be integrated into the WinCC Flex runtime, otherwise you get the problem that the viewer stays ontop, without the possiblity to navigate away from it.

I was looking for a PDF viewer but couldn't find one to run.

I've already had to reboot as I couldn't shutdown the IE window (y). I'm planning to develop a web set-up with a close IE command button on it (all I have to do is learn HTML in the next few hours :oops:).

If the MP277 is a touch version, then it would be simple for the operator to use the "close" button.

If it is a Key version, then you would need to attach a USB mouse for example.
That, or the operator must navigate with TAB.

I'm looking for a method to hide the toolbar as well, which means the little red button disappearing (did it manually and had to re-boot).

When I run IE its opens up the system to anyone who wants to poke around, so I need to hide the toolbar and find another way to close down.