WinCC Flexible 2008: Run Script when screen is open

STL???

Hi,
Is it possible to have a background script running behind when a settings/log screen is triggered?

I know i can run a script on Screen load/Unload within the properties of the screen and i'm aware of the scheduler,however i dont see an option available to suit my needs.

Thanks

I think you need to elaborate a bit on your specific needs.
All I know is one can run scripts on load and clear, which is insufficient in this case it seems.

Hi Jeebs,
One of the first problems i'm having is that i cannot find a way to automatically update an I/O field with a logged in user.

e.g
i have a button to login a user and an I/O field to display currently active user, i cannot find a way to update this I/O field without a second button to utilise GetUserName to move the string to a tag, i want it to work from the login button because the user string is important - what if they forget to update?

I was thinking of utilising GetUserName inside a script to update a tag which is referenced via the I/O Field.

GetUserName SmartTags("dbEMS.UserID")

hope this makes sense

No need for script, this can be done within the Scheduler:

Event: Change user
First action: Traceuserchange
Second action: Getusername
This one will output it into a tag, we use an internal tag.

Below is how we do it:

Getusername.jpg