pv600 setting up comms to compactlogix

robw53

i have been struggling for a few days now on how to add a tag to a maintained button on a pv600 from a compact, ive done it on pv+ setup a shortcut then view tags but the only time i have used panelbuilder 32 was the version before tags and i setup comms with a Ml1500 using direct reference tags.

i have tried to view tags in the plc from the panelbuilder 32 i have also tried to just write a tag in the button setup and called it what the tag is within the PLC and have failed at every attempt, i am using ethernet and im not even sure i am setting comms up right i mean ive not done a great deal with setting up comms with these just adding buttons.

any help please?

Rob

I don't think the standard PVs will deal with symbolic tags directly. I believe you have to use the 'Map PLC/SLC messages' option on the compactlogix. you will find this under the logic tab on the top menu. It allows you to map SLC type addressing against a Logix array.
Although I haven't used the ethernet drivers on a standard panelview so I'm prepared to be corrected by somebody.

I think Controllogix tag support is dependent on both the PB32 version and the firmware in the PV600. I don't think UDT tags are supported, but I have read somewhere that native tags are with certain firmware levels.

In the comms set up under path, you should have:
1 0

1 indicates the virtual backplane of the CompactLogix Ethernet controller.
0 is the controller slot number.

yea thats right paul i have the 1 and 0 (with a space) setup in the comms of the panelbuilder32 software, but do i setup for compactlogix with eni in the drop down box, as we have another application and that is using the controllogix setting in the drop down box but that is actually a compact