Convert omron to ab

controlled

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a project where i need to replace an omron plc with an allen bradley. I have a copy of the omron file, but do not have the software for it. Would anyone be able to convert the file to a pdf?

Unable to open your attached file "LIQUIDSCASEPACKER.CXP.opt", even after renaming it to LIQUIDSCASEPACKER.cxp

google pdf995 it will send you to a free pdf writer and a printer emulations software so you can print pdf's from any other software. there are other utilities do a search on this site many are already posted. Unless your problem is not having the Omron software. Depending on what Omron your using you may be able to get a copy of syswin 3.1 which is a free trial version the appearance is considerably different than CX-One but you will be able to view the application.

Thanks

Yes the problem is that I do NOT have the omron software. Will the syswin software open a file that was created in cx one.

Controlled:

As Roadwhore pointed out, this is the OPT configuration file.
You need to post the file that ends in CXP, not OPT. Try again.

Stu....

depends on the processor model as to what syswin will open ands yes it will read CX-one files provided its a supported processor I believe CS1G CPM2a and CQ1M are supported but I would have to load it up to confirm that

Syswin will not open a CX-One file.
CX-One will open Syswin files.

CS1, CJ1 and CP1 processors are not supported by Syswin, only CX-One.

The CPM2x and CQM1 series are supported by Syswin

Hope this will help.

actually Gtsuport I have opened files created by CX_ONE with syswin on a cpm2a. However the program did not involve any complex instructions so may have not had an issue with translating anything

Maybe I needed to clarify my answer.

Syswin will not open a CX-One program file.

If the program was loaded to the CPM2 with CX-One, you should be able to connect with Syswin and download and/or modify the program. At that point you are working with the raw memory file in the processor.

CX-One can convert and open a Syswin file. There is a conversion utility with CX-One for Syswin, LSS and a few of the other older programming software.

Hope this helps to clarify.