PVPlus-1000 Communication Problem

Hello Friends,

I have PV+ 1000 HMI programmed by someone. I donot have .med/.apa/.mer files with me. I am trying to upload the .mer file from HMI and desire to convert back to .med file. This is because the HMI is presently connected to L62 Processor on serial port but is not showing any values on process graphics indicating that it is not talking with PLC.

So we are trying to make this communication healthy.

This HMI has Ethernet port as well. So I changed the IP address of this HMI to match with Plant Network i.e. 192.168.5.73. After changing I did reset the power of this HMI so that this new IP change take effect.
Now, when I ping from my PC then the relpy from HMI is successful.

But I cannot see the HMI in RSLinx Enterprise so that I can upload the program. Even I connected crossover cable from HMI to Laptop, ping is good but cannot see in RSLinx Enterprise.

Even if I connect NC13 cable for Serial port connection to upload, the device cannot be seen in RSLinx Enterprise.

I am not sure what I am missing.

Could you guys please help me out to resolve this issue?

Appreciate all help in advance.

Best Regards,

Pramod

You can add them manually to RSLinx Enterprise. Generally it will find them automatically, but I'd have to add them before.

In the explorer tree on the left, switch to communications tab, right click on the ethernet driver and select add device.

PVPlus

If I add manually, then the device never seen during browsing, if it is not browsing, then I can see the device. But clicking on the device and select for application upload then it fails.

In short the device appears if the RSLinx not browing.

im working with one now for the first time and had some downloading issues but i do know that if you hook up the crossover cable from the pc to the pv+ and goto the config screen on the pv and select terminal settings, networks and communications, rslinx enterprise communications, and hit restore default then reset the terminal it should work.

You can add them manually to RSLinx Enterprise. Generally it will find them automatically, but I'd have to add them before.

In the explorer tree on the left, switch to communications tab, right click on the ethernet driver and select add device.

If you follow what Dmroeder expalined, then you can try to upload your application.

Have you entered PV configuration and change ip address ?, if positive you can ping to it.

Good luck with converting the .mer to a .med. It is possible in ver5 provided the app was developed in ver5. There is a method to recover some of the project but I have never tried it before.

It would also depend on if the file was downloaded to allow conversion, if this was not selected, i would think that you would be out of luck.

his is because the HMI is presently connected to L62 Processor on serial port

This HMI has Ethernet port as well.

Why was ethernet not used to begin with?

Hello All,

Thanks for all your posts. At begin Ethernet is not used because the skid belongs to another vendor who used Serial comm between ME and PLC. We have used ethernet to communicate with this skid.
So we are not changing to talk ME on Ethernet.This PLC is communicating with our FactoryTalk-View SE and our L63.

Thanks alot argobamafan !! The method you explained worked Perfect.

Best Regards,
Pramod