Modbus communication problems

jechlu

I have to configure a Telemecanique Twido PLC (TWDLCAE40DRF) to communicate with a Delta Controls Bacnet router (DSM-RTR-MOD30), Modbus Gateway Controller talking Modbus RTU

On my Twido plc I have the optional port configured with the rs485 3 terminal adapter. Im using Twidosuite as my programming software. The port is set to slave. In describe, I added a generic modbus device and linked that device to the 485 port.

Now my transmission settings are the same as the other tech's settings in the bacnet controller. His controller is set to master for his port. His port is showing lights on the TX blinking when sending requests but his RX light is solid. I disconnect the Rx wire and his light stays on.

We cant get them to talk to each other. He's getting invalid signals on his end in the network traffic statistics.

Has anyone succesfully configured the two systems to talk?
or
Should I get my hands on a serial to ethernet converter and see if I can get my ethernet port to talk to his 485?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Jeremi