Factorytalk Trends - some way to start and stop?

James Fillmore

Lifetime Supporting Member
These PanelView Plues ROCK except for the trending. UGH.

I'd like to monitor the scaled output from a loadcell over a short, say 2-5 second time window and then FREEZE it.

There appears to be no way to do this.

Any help?

These PanelView Plues ROCK
That must be one of the 1st times that this has been posted.... the latest I heard was Factory Baulk.

except for the trending. UGH.
I don't find the trending too bad, especially for a touch-screen anyway. The 300,000 point limitation is my main gripe, as depending on the no of pens/sample rate, the history is limited.

I'd like to monitor the scaled output from a loadcell over a short, say 2-5 second time window.
There is the option to change the X-Axis to seconds, so you could set it to 5-secs.

and then FREEZE it
There is a Pause Pen button, Objects/Trending/Pause.

Of course, 2-5 seconds is extremely fast, and catching xx points within this time would depend on how fast your model is setup for. The faster your sampling rate, the less of a time-frame that you will have (based on the 300,000 limit).
You can log to a network drive also, but I have not done this yet, I do think that the limit is still applicable, but you would have the facility to copy the files away somewhere else easily.