step 7 SDB

udtwmc

Hi,

S7: CPU400 and 300's in project (I am a novice)

I've made no changes to the project. SDB matches online. everything is hunky dory....However in network pro there is an orange colour on one of the CPU's, so I have saved and compiled (creating new SDB of course) now the SDB's don't compare online and it brings up only these messages for modules on the profibus : "the user data of the slave with profibus address xx are different"

I haven't downloaded (beacause I daren't!!) what is this message telling me axactly and what would happen if i downloaded now ? are these critical differences?

Cheers

The orange color can come from just "touching" either the HW Config or the parts of the project from which the CPU in question has connections to. But since the SDB has changed in size, something real must be different.

I would create a new empty project, do a complete upload from the PLC to the empty project, and then compare the HW config of the uploaded and the offline projects.
Especially the mentioned profibus slave seem to have a difference. So check that one carefully. The difference can be a different module type, or a parameter in one or more of the modules.
I am guessing that the offline project has an error, maybe insignificant, maybe significant.

edit: If the offline project has an error, then someone has forgotton to backup the last active project that was downloaded to the CPU. tsk tsk.

Thanks for reply Jesper.

Interesting...I uploaded to empty project (as suggested) and did a SDB compare straight away (no differences unsurprisingly) However when I looked in net pro (same orange colour on the cpu) I again did a save/compile and then compared SDB again. I still have the same messages : "the user data of profibus etc etc..."

why is net pro altering SDB size when I am not changing anything at all?

By the way there is a "other station" connected (and does show on old offline proj. but this doesn't show on the uploaded project?? is this normal?

Cheers

I've just compared the SDB checksums. There are the same number of SDB's (online/offline)and all are the same size except SDB2000 which becomes slightly bigger in size in the offline proj. after a save/compile. what is SDB 2000 upto?

the profibus modules which differ are all 'non' siemens type. (extra detail here : wb1661.gsd hms_1003.gsd and a tr03aaab.gsd)

Hi
I have a S200 PLC.
I have to write a LAD program that will interface an industrial analog joysick. The joystick will control a 2-axis electric drive.

Can anyone help????
CharlesX

SDB2000 has to do with the Profibus port on the CPU.

The "other station" probably has to do with connections setup to a PLC or PC in another project. This could point to that something is setup in NetPro.
Post a screenshot from NetPro. Select the CPU of the PLC when you take the screenshot, and so that the list of connections can be seen in the lower part of the screen.