How is the book offered on this site?

johnms1024

May be silly to ask on this site since it's advertised here, but any recommendations on the book offered on this site? The one called "Your Personal PLC Tutor...A Guide to Understanding PLCs".

Just wondering as an experienced computer systems hardware/software, some database, and programming person, but new to the PLC hardware side.

Thanks,
John

They are all good books, I bought them for the plant maintenance department to use so they have a better idea about PLC's.

I always recommend it as a introduction to relay ladder logic when people tell me they are interested in learning about PLCs. I recommend it because it's the source I used.

I also appreciated the fact that so much time is spent on scan sequence and how much it effects the outcome of a program. That was the most useful part for me as I had already worked out the basic boolean operation of RLL on my own, but could not understand how many chunks of logic in the real world worked because they relied on, or took advantage, of the way that the PLC scans the ladder and updates outputs and memory locations.

It is also the book I started with. I would recommend it highly for someone starting out. It sets a good foundation for the advanced books and classes that are also needed.

Dan Bentler