slc500 power up

jthornton

Is there anything one should do when powering up a slc500 plc in the ladder logic? I am using a slc 5/01 processor.

First scan?

I have a simple state program for a case packer with no communications involved.

TIA

Mainly that depends on the program.
IF there's specialty modules involved then ,maybe.
IF you want to be sure certain items in program start at a certain point then , maybe. It all depends on what hardware is involved and how the program is written and if there's a certain operation that's desired at start-up, or should the machine remember where it was when power was lost?

It all comes down to YES, NO, MAYBE.

Take your pick!!!

Drewcrew6

Hi,

The one thing you will need to do if you are on a DH+ network with other plc's,slc's is to mov the address into S:15(node address)because as far as i am aware the slc does not hold this address.