Controllogix and DH+

kbradray

I have a DHRIO module in a controllogix bridge. This was connected via Channel A to an old PLC5 and I had Channel B connected to a SLC. The system worked fine for a while. We moved the bridge and removed the PLC 5 and now I cannot see the SLC. I have verified the cable pull, connections, and terminating resistor (150 ohm). I have pulled the card trying to reset with no results. I have tried to move slots in the rack, but I get a configuration error until I put it back in its origional slot. Is there some configuration I am missing on the card?

Thanks

Thanks Mickey

I am currently going to leave it in its current slot (2)

On the module configuration screen I have the text "minor recoverable fault" This is what is confusing. When I origionaly installed the SLC linx browsed to it without issue. I can't see anything while trying to browse with linx. I do see the module and each channel, but I don't see anything from the Channel out.

Any chance you can plug the PLC5 back in and see if your fault clears??

What happens when you cycle power on the rack? it should read the channels and display "only node" for the PLC5 (I think)

Thanks Genius

No the PLC5 was removed by our maintenance department and sent to another plant. The whole story is the controllogix bridge was installed by another controls engineer at another facility prior to me joining the company. He used it to troubleshoot the PLC5 remotely. When I was hired I used the bridge to put other PLCs on a network and could use the bridge from the enterprise side to the plant floor side. The PLC5 was on one channel and I put the SLC on the other channel. Everything worked fine until the machine was removed, the PLC was sent back to the other engineer, and the bridge was moved to another location. Everything works on the Ethernet side, but I cannot get my DH+ to work again on the SLC. I have tried to cycle power, pull the card, and even use the other channel with no luck. I need to get this SLC back on the network soon for modifications. The serial port is used by a touch screen, so this leaves me the DH+ for comms. Thanks again for help and any you could provide will be appreciated.

I hate swapping parts as a way of troubleshooting... but can you? do you have any spares?, maybe your DHRIO has flew south :)

Supply us with some screen shots of what you see
I personally would like to see one of the routing table as my thoughts are that it still needs setting correctly

Screen Shot

The SLC is set for node 1 and was working at one time. Channel A is node 6 and B node 7. Please see the attached screen shots. I am unfamiliar with routing tables and you guys may be on to something. Any routing table education you could provide would be appreciated.

DHRIO 1.jpg