FactoryTalk: Adding a Combo Box

smohamed

Afternoon everyone,

We're working with FactorTalk here (FactoryTalk View Studio) and running FactoryTalk View SE (Client and Server pair).

On one of our screens, we would like the ability for a user to select one of four options using a ComboBox. Based on the selection, we can then write to a tag to use in our database. This is where we're having trouble.

However, being new to VB I have been having some difficulty. I've looked into some scripting but haven't been to successful.

I've gotten as far as adding the combo box, but have run into a bit of a wall in terms of adding the pre-list items. We've used the commands ComboBox.AddItem but that doesn't seem to work.

I apologize for my description, as my terminology is probably incorrect, but I am looking for some examples that I could start with to get us on the right track.

Thanks in advance

If I understand your question correctly, I believe you might be looking for the Control List Selector. If so this can be found under: Objects / Advanced / Control List Selector.

Hopefully this might help you.