Process and Control Tags

I have not used produced / consumed tags myself so I cannot tell you the pros / cons of using them as compared to using a message. I would guess that produced / consumed tags would be beneficial if you have mutiple (3 or 4) controllers that need to share a few data points. Where messaging might be the way to go if you only need to share data between two controllers or if you want to share large amounts of data between controllers.

Was the manual helpful for you at all?

I would be aware of the connection requirements for each produced / consumed tag, depending on you network type (Ethernet, ControlNet, etc.), communications modules, and how many devices are on the network.

Maybe someone with experience using produced / consumed tags can offer some more advice.

Similar Topics

Hello, Let's say I have two PI controllers which control the same process variable y. The first PI controller (PI_1) uses action variable u_1 and...
Replies
Views
I recently started some machine addons to a wrapper line. We have the process working well for the addons. We were looking at already programmed...
Replies
Views
I've recently gotten involved in some small process control projects, and having had most of my controls background be involved in discrete PLC...
Replies
Views
Question for the guys who deal with pumps regularly: if the pump motor is line powered (no VFD), you have a suction pressure sensor, discharge...
Replies
Views
First time posting to PLCtalk so be gentle with me. We just got done working on shortening a Mobile Spreader and the company has asked us to look...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom