FTV SE 5.1 Users and Restrictions on graphics

Adam83

Hi all,

Have a quick question for you. I doing a FTV SE 5.10 project and need to know of a way to restrict access to objects on graphics if the right user isnt logged in. Similar to what Citect does with the "Access" tab on its objects/symbols/buttons.

For example. I have a button on the graphics, which navigates to another page (argument on pressing the button is "Display MaintPage"). And i want to be able to only navigate to that page when you are logged in as Maintenance or Engineer user (users are created already). So in effect grey out the button, or emboss it etc when not logged in as the correct user.

Can someone give me an idea of how to accomplish this? I have looked through the different Button objects available, to see if one has a "required privilage" field you need to enter but have had no success.

Regards,

Adam

No idea about SE, but in ME for PV+, I achieved a similar function by only making the button visible when the current user access had the required priveledge.

With this Factory Bauk (credits to PLCs.net forum), who knows what will/will not work... based on what has been posted here that is....

I gave up entirely on trying to use FTViews "Security", as it is broken, frustrating, and corruptible by walking past the server computer and looking at it funny.

The best way, is to maintain a list of privilege levels in the PLC, and toggle bits there to enable different access to buttons/pages.

Just have a numeric entry field, that you can enter in a number. In the PLC, check that the 'Access' code matches something, and set a bit for it. Use the bit in the visibility tab on a control. It's up to you if you also want to run a timer to auto-timeout access.

I'll give you example with 2 usergroups - Default and Logged. Default has key A only Logged have keys A and B

on animation tab add Visibility animation and as expression add the follow line

If CurrentUserHasCode(B) Then 1
else 0

If current user is logged he will see this animated object otherwise this object will be invisible