WinCC Flex Compiling problem

Dutchi

Hi All,
I am new here and from Down Under.
My problem: I have WinCC flex 2008 SP1 HF1.
After compiling I have the next error message:
Internal error (detail: Cannot link VIEW_OCX (linking exception)).
I did an reinstall but it didn't help, any suggestions?
What is OCX stand for?

Greetings,

Arjan

Last edited:
One of my costumers had this problem, the only way get rid of the error, was to send the project to Siemens Hotline, they have the possibility to remove the error.
It has something to do with an error that happens when you convert an older WinCC Flex project, which it does automatically

Yep, I've tried rebuilt all,...didn't help.
I've send my problem also to Siemens....I am waiting their reply.
And Yes my project is converted to the newer version, was made in an older version.
Last time I did not have any problems and I could complile the project.
The only thing I installed was S7 5.4 SP5 going from SP4, and did a hardware update.

Thanks, for the suggestions, I will try more things tommorrow and stay in contact with Siemens Support.
If I have an answer I will tell you.

Cheers and thanks,

Arjan

Fixed it, did a total deinstall, including key of WinCC, and used the cleanup utility.

Funny though last time WinCC was working fine with the last project, went to a project with Allen Bradley, worked with RS View and panelview, had to do an update in RSlogix 5000 with a profile update.

After that project back to a siemens project and voila compiling problems in WinCC.

I think AB and Siemens software under the same partition gives some conflicts.
Next laptop I will make 2 XP partitions with one Siemens software installed and one partition with AB installed.

My Current laptop takes 10 to 15 min. to boot up, to much cr@p on the laptop, with too many conflicts.
For instance I have Installed:
S7 with HMI software WinCC and Protool
RS logix 500, 5000 with RSview and panelview
Indralogix with all Bosh Rexroth software incl. visual motion, and drivetop
Cognex insight software
PILZ Multi pnoz
Omron Software
Schneider Software
And the list goes on and on.

Last time a problem with drive top, could not find the comms server, turn out to be a windows protection DEP.
I guess I am trying to say... the joy of programming does not run over roses :D:D:D

Like I said next time 2 different partitions maybe even 3, on a flash drive (lot quicker) to prevent conflicts.