Exporting tags from RS5000 to FT ME

How do I export my tags from an RS Logix 5000 project so that I can load them into a Factory Talk ME project and reference them while offline?

I see within Factory Edition that there is an option to import database tags from an RS Logix 5000 file with a file type of "EAS". The only file types I can see that can be created from Exporting in RS Logix 5000 is CSV or TXT.

Do I need to create an EAS from RS Logix, or can I import CSV files somewhere in FT?

Thanks,

Going from memory and I only did this once a while back but in the communication section/tab in ME you can place a link to your offline file.
I think then you will be able to do a direct reference to the tags if you like instead of creating HMI tags.

Hope this helps.