Siemens s7 - similar program with comments

rigicon

Hi everyone.
I used Simatic manager to retrieve a program of a press no 5. Lovely all the comments and the protools screen. Now I save it as press 6. I then went online to a new machine that came in very similar to press 5 actually almost identical. I wanted to upload to PG as press 6. Instead it uploaded simatic 300(2).

great after alot of farting around I managed to get the greyed out 'upload to pg' active (not upload station to pg)then I uploaded all the blocks and compared to online it is the same now I can begin monitoring etc.

I did try copy the symbols straight in to a backup but there are UDT's etc and it caused too many errors so this was the better way.

I then deleted Simens 300(2) and am now left with a program called press 6 with all the comments and it is the same as the online PLC.

IS THERE A BETTER/QUICKER WAY ?

Hi rigicon,

I hope I understand what your trying to do. If you are making backup projects of the machines onsite you can do the following.

After saving project as Press 6 you go to a new machine and compare programs. then you can do the following:

Write down the blocks that are different. Go to online block folder (online button in toolbar) and copy the changed blocks to your offline block folder. Keep in mind that the symbol information is for Press 5.

Option 2: From the comparison dialog press Go to and modify the offline version of the block to same as in online. You can comment the changes if you want.

I hope I understood correctly,
Maitomies

Maitomies
I think you understand me correctly.
I have the original press 5 program with all comments.
A new press 6 came into the shop with no documentation.
So I copied press 5 and renamed it to press 6 then went online and had to upload all the blocks from press 6 plc as I don't want to alter the program.

Then I had to open each block up and save it to stop the annoying comments error.
It is a very long winded way of doing things so I thought there was a better way.

You could try right-clicking the blocks folder, Check Consistency... In the window that appears, do Compile All.

Be advised this will re-generate all instance data blocks. Make a backup of the program first.