AB 1746-NI16V programming

James Mcquade

Hi all,

I am trying to modify a program in which i am adding an
AB 1746-NI16V class 3 analog input card - programming it using class 3 methods also to an existing machine that is being reworked for a new product. I have read the manual and understand most of it, but i just can't get a grasp on what i'm supposed to do.
The card will be in slot 4, the program data to the card will be hard coded into the system to prevent unauthorized changes using N17:1 to N17:32. The input words from the card will be put into N17:33 to N17:64.

this is what i have. (5) temperature sensors 0 to 500 degrees f, (2) pressure transducres 0 to 300 psi, and (8) tank level sensors 0 to 144 inches. Everything will be 0-10 volts.

what i want to do is program the units to give me raw data
(0 to +32767) and then use the scale with parameters
command to get the data i want.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
James

First add card to the I/O configuration see picture below.
Then click on the "Adv Config"- then Configure.see pic
Set-up channel parameters see pic
Click apply-then ok
Store config see pic note "At Program File Number" yours may be different.
see pictures below

AddCard.jpg Channelsetup.JPG configurationdata.JPG programEx.jpg